Old 20-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Pat Brennan

Ray,

I think your understanding of systemics is correct. I do not have problems
with sucking pests, it is the damn fungus gnat larvae. They live in and
survive on the crud on the surface of the mix and only nibble on the roots
now and then. Because the plant is such a small part of the fungus gnat
larva's diet is why I said we are using Imocloprid's contact kill
properties. BTW, I talked to a Olympic rep about this and he recommended I
just apply Marathon II spritzes more often. But given our understanding of
systemics I was afraid I would get too much Imocloprid in the plant and
start seeing flower mutations and decided to limit myself to label
application frequency recommendations.

Now if I can only learn the difference between prosperities and properties.

Pat

properties

"Ray" wrote in message
AN interesting observation, Pat.

The only IGR I have used is Enstar II, applied with a bit of soap to
spread the coverage, and even though I overhead water fairly frequently, I
have noticed great effectiveness.

It is my understanding that systemics are absorbed by the plant rapidly
upon contact, so leaching from the medium should not be a factor, but who
knows how that varies among chemicals and plants.