Old 20-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Lucy

Many thanks to everyone. Yes it is that one as I had a look at some
pictures on the web. However if it is as poisonous as you say I'll
perhaps avoid it as I've two young children.

Cheers
Lucy

Sacha wrote:
On 19/9/05 10:50, in article , "Philippe
Gautier" wrote:

Lucy wrote:
Hi

I am trying to find out what a plant is that I have seen in a local
park and the Leicester University Botanical Garden. It has leaves
similar in size and shape to a Fatsia but is a dark green/red leaf. The
plants I have seen are about a metre high and have pink spiky looking
fruit/flowers close to the stem.

I just wondered if anyone knew what it was

Many thanks
Lucy

It's Ricinus, or Castor bean plant

http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/castorbean.html

It certainly is. Very striking and extremely poisonous. I understand that
it's the most poisonous plant in UK.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk