Old 20-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Sacha

On 20/9/05 10:23, in article
, "Lucy"
wrote:

Many thanks to everyone. Yes it is that one as I had a look at some
pictures on the web. However if it is as poisonous as you say I'll
perhaps avoid it as I've two young children.

snip

It's fair to say that there are no known cases of deaths from eating
Ricinus accidentally, as far as I know. Indeed, more plants are poisonous
than are not, at least to some degree. But this is so toxic that I
wouldn't plant it with children around, no. However, the great thing is to
teach children not to put anything *at all* in their mouths without asking
you first. And they should bring *you* to the plants, not vice versa! You
don't want them picking Euphorbia or rue!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk