Old 09-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Government Censorship

In article ,
wrote:

Heavy flowering commenced in late July followed by masses of ripe (and
for a while, attractive) seed pods. The resultant strewn seeds came
up in their droves during this past spring and for a while, were the
most commonly weeded out plants. The 'beans' remain viable at
temperatures down to minus 2C even if they are damp and will readily
germinate once temperatures rise above 14C.

So the reason that it is only an occasional casual is that the seeds
are seriously sensitive to frost rather than not ripening?

I thought that it was the latter. I know that they are occasional
casuals, but not even to the level of Datura.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679