Old 10-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Raw sewage in the garden... problem or blessing?

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in
:

In article ,
anton wrote:

Mmm. I can't say I'd fancy any salads or strawberries
off that ground for a year or two.

I assume that you eat nothing but hydroponically grown salads? Not
doing so for a month or two is rational, but a year or two isn't.

The OP did say that the flooding affected his lawn, apple tree and
clematis.

I think that the apple tree and clematis would be delighted with the
unexpected treat, but that a cleanup of the lawn to remove any unpleasant
flotsam might be worth having if there was a lot of it.

I would probably just give the lawn a once-over with a stiff brush once
things had dried out, myself, but there is the psychological factor: if the
OP will be sitting out on that lawn next summer sipping tea, he might well
feel happier about it if it had the detergent treatment.

Victoria Clare