Old 21-09-2005, 02:20 AM
---Pete---

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:19:46 GMT, Justa Lurker
wrote:

I was also one of those people wondering if/when my tomatoes would ever
ripen and be ready for picking. I had almost given up hope....everyday
I would check the garden and they would still be green :-(

------
JL,
I'm also in central NJ and I've been gardening here for the past 8
years or so. This year was TERRIBLE! I planted April/Early May
as usual but my tomatoes & peppers took an extra 2 or 3 weeks to
begin producing. I didn't start harvesting until late July. Not only
that, but most of the tomatoes and peppers were much smaller in size
than previous years. I only got a fraction of the yield compared to
precious years. I'm not sure if it was the hotter dryer weather
this year or the fact that had added lots of wood & coal ashes to
the soil in April this year. I never did that before.

Anyone from the NJ or PA area care to share their
experience this year?

---pete---