Old 21-09-2005, 03:52 AM
yotaman

Thanks for everyone's input. I've never even considered Dixie Chopper
but I think I may have to take a look. There is one dealer in the area
I found on their web site...I live in Canada and most of these
commercial dealers are kind of few and far between...but atleast they
are around.

I've never used any of those clean out ports on the deck for the garden
hose before. How long must you run the deck with the water on to be
effective?? I assume you must also clean it after each use before the
build up dries on...which may be a challenge... :-). To tell you the
truth my old mower, an Allis Chalmers (aka Simplicity) 919 with 19hp
Kohler which is probably near 25 years old (not really sure but I've
owned it the last 15) has still got the original deck and it seems
pretty solid despite it's infrequent cleanings. The motor just ain't
what she used to be however and it recently has developed a major oil
leak at the back under the fly wheel. (I assume the crankshaft seal
but can't be sure). Anyhow I figure her time has come ... she sure
doesn't owe me anything at this point.

Randy