Old 21-09-2005, 11:29 AM
meee

ellipsis wrote in message
In article , SG1
wrote:

As a child living in Nth Central Victoria, there was a particular house

used to walk past. They had this magnificent Pomegranate tree that

always
seemed (well looking back that is) to be full of fruit. And of course

being
8-9 years old did I resist NO WAY. Well to make a short story long,

after
nearly 50 years I now have my own tree, planted it on Saturday. Hope

they
still taste as great

I have happy memories of pomegranates too...our presbyterian minister had a
pomegranate tree, we used to visit him and tasted the fruit once or
twice...it gave us a special thrill as kids as an 'authentic' bible fruit,
and we loved the 'game' of slowly sucking the flesh from the seeds...as you
said, it's also a very decorative tree...i'm thinking of bonsai-ing a
miniature one, for the loveliness of it.