Old 21-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Jim Lewis

Michel Bourgeois wrote:

I am completely desespered! I am from Canada and I cannot find anywhere
cottonseed to make cake fertilizer. Does anyone knows where I can find
someone who will ship me this to Quebec, Canada?

Or any other suggestion?

I want to grow my trees (pines, juniper...) into a non-organic soil, put
some cake on it and fertilize with fish fertilizer once a week.

All we can find here is grey pellets 13-13-13. will it make the same than
cake?

Almost any ground seed -- rapeseed, soy, etc. -- will do
as well. But for the life of me I can't understand why
anyone would want to go to the trouble. Cakes are NO better
(or worse) than any other fertilizer. If for some reason
you _must_ go all-organic, use your fish emulsion regularly,
and occasionally (monthly) add something like MiracleGro
that has the trace elements that fish emulsion (or cakes)
does not have, and grow fine, healthy bonsai.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++