Old 21-09-2005, 08:14 PM
gardenlen

g'day patches,

i use raised beds and ahve done for a long time now and my main
preffered medium to start with is mushroom compost in a composted form
or fresh from the farm it hasn't made any difference to my successes.

can't see any need for using peat moss, when i make a bed for the
first time i add what ever other green or compostable stuff before
putting the mush' compost on top. thereafter all i do is heavily mulch
with hay or slashed grass mulches and add the kitchen scraps as well
as we save the night water and this gets watered onto the gardens
along with the grey water.

can't for the life of me see the need to burn anything??!!

the remains of the seasons crops just get tucked under the mulch layer
as well and that's about it too easy hey?

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len

--