Old 21-09-2005, 03:57 PM
?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:03:51 GMT in XScYe.6187$9a2.3080@trnddc04 J Fortuna wrote:
Chris,
The novels that I am reading are mostly mass market paperbacks, mostly
mysteries and romances. It's amazing how many of them do mention orchids at
least once in passing. I have not been reading much sci-fi/fantasy lately,
but I used to enjoy it, and still get back to it sometimes. I suspect that
there are not as many orchids in sci-fi books as in mysteries and romances,
since spaceships are less likely to harbor orchids, I think. That makes me
wonder which literary genres orchids have invaded by now. Orchids are
plotting to take over the world, one human (and one book) at a time. :-)

Oh, so you do read the stuff that fictional author would have written
:-).

Oddly, the last couple of spaceship oriented sci-fi novels I read actually
had house plants play a role. Unfortunately, the house plants were
spider plants... (Cherryh's "Foreigner" series).
--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil