Old 21-09-2005, 04:08 PM
?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:38:38 +0000 in blass wrote:

thanks for all your great inputs, guys. I attended a seminar here and
they told me the reason why you need to water before applying the
fertilizer was watering first makes the roots "spongy" so as to take in
the nutrients it needs upon fertilizing minutes later. Oh well....,

You know, this strikes me as a series of good research projects for
a university's horticulture department/college, and possibly psychology
department.
1) A study on what the most effective techniques are for commercial production.
2) A study as to which techniques when applied to the home/hobbyist environment
are most likely to be done.
3) A study as to which plants thrive and which die given the results
of the previous.

And #2 could even drive a design project for the electrical engineering/
computer engineering folks (How to monitor how people take care of an
orchid without invading privacy and without alerting the people they
are being monitored).

Take with a grain of sand, I'm not sure if I'm trolling or not.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil