Old 21-09-2005, 05:26 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Vandals again!

Just come back from the allotments, we have to quit by the end of this month
so went down to gather up some of the pumpkins etc.
Shouldn't have bothered, the vandals have beaten us to it and any they
couldn't lift and drop to smash or throw around and break have had
canes/bits of wood rammed through them. We had some large Atlantic Giants
this year but all have been ruined.
They couldn't see half of the "We be little" so we have a few of those
cricket ball sized ones and some "Tonda Pedana" which are green and
therefore difficult to see amongst the leaves.
The only ones I can't see smashed around are the Turks Turbans which have
all gone so they appear to have been stolen, neatly cut from the plants too.
Possible two separate groups then.
They have also smashed/pulled up the cabbages and cauliflowers that were
ready and a lot of the tomatoes.
I haven't seen Sue sob so much since her Father died.
Gardening shouldn't be like this!

--
Regards
Bob