Old 21-09-2005, 05:39 PM
Robert

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
: Just come back from the allotments, we have to quit by the end of this
month
: so went down to gather up some of the pumpkins etc.
: Shouldn't have bothered, the vandals have beaten us to it and any they
: couldn't lift and drop to smash or throw around and break have had
: canes/bits of wood rammed through them. We had some large Atlantic Giants
: this year but all have been ruined.
: They couldn't see half of the "We be little" so we have a few of those
: cricket ball sized ones and some "Tonda Pedana" which are green and
: therefore difficult to see amongst the leaves.
: The only ones I can't see smashed around are the Turks Turbans which have
: all gone so they appear to have been stolen, neatly cut from the plants
too.
: Possible two separate groups then.
: They have also smashed/pulled up the cabbages and cauliflowers that were
: ready and a lot of the tomatoes.
: I haven't seen Sue sob so much since her Father died.
: Gardening shouldn't be like this!
:
: --
: Regards
: Bob
: In Runnymede, 17 miles West of London
:
Keep reporting it to the police and make sure they call, that's how we
overcame it. Personally I'd like to shoot the little *******s