Old 21-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Pam Moore

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 17:26:45 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Just come back from the allotments, we have to quit by the end of this month
so went down to gather up some of the pumpkins etc.
Shouldn't have bothered, the vandals have beaten us to it and any they
couldn't lift and drop to smash or throw around and break have had
canes/bits of wood rammed through them. We had some large Atlantic Giants
this year but all have been ruined.

Sympathies, Bob. Our allotments have had the first year of no thefts
of shed-break-ins. This we put down to the fact that during last year
we had 8ft fence put on the two most vulnerable sides, with a
padlocked gate. The hedge was layered on side 3 and side 4 is to be
fenced early next year.
So sorry all your loving care has been negated.
Reminds me, I must bring home my 3 pumkins tomorrow!

Pam in Bristol