Old 22-09-2005, 03:36 AM
yotaman

Well that option has been considered...the engine can also likely be
repaired. Which I may do and try and sell it privately. I've been
offered $500 on a trade in for a $5800 Hustler Fastrack 44"/ 18hp
kohler. I've got to try and determine what I could realistically get
for that machine in good running order. One big reason the new mower
is being considered is my wife never really liked operating old
faithful... ;-) ... but she seems to like the ZT's. (although she may
be thinking I can get out and get the job done quicker so that she
doesn't have to even consider mowing!!!)

I haven't had a chance to check out the Dixie Chopper yet but I did
have a chance to go the International Plowing Match today and I checked
out Walker, Grasshopper, Simplicity, Husquvarna & Ferris. Most were a
lot more money for anything comparable, and if not there were things
controls, quality or warranty which I didn't like. There also was
another Hustler dealer there who offered better prices than the guy I
talked to as well...I could get a 52"/20hp kohler for $5700, the 44"/18
was 5500.