Old 22-09-2005, 03:40 AM

well currents do well in zone 5, how about blueberries? service berries are nice
bushy trees. these trees gotta be watered during droughts or they will die, also be
very careful about root stock. some of the roots are not really compatible.
Ingrid

zxcvbob wrote:

wrote:
get kiwi, the arctic kind. where did you get your sour cherry from? if on dwarf
rootstock, what kind? it should be hardy. try ordering stuff from Jungs. they are
zone 4 hardy plants. Ingrid

It was either "Meteor" or "Northstar", I don't remember which. I bought
it about 10 or 11 years ago at a local nursery and it did splendidly
here (zone 4) until it died suddenly this summer. I'll get another sour
cherry just like it, but I'm wondering what bush fruits would be good
here besides raspberries.

I had some jostaberries until I pulled them out a few years ago because
they only produced when the summer was unusually cool and damp. They
would probably do really well anywhere near the shore of Lake Superior
-- like maybe Duluth.

Best regards,
Bob

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE