Old 22-09-2005, 12:16 PM
---Pete---

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:29:15 -0400, Boron Elgar
wrote:

I watered every day when the heat was on, especially in the tubs. Each
garden plant had a circle and mound around it & was watered within
that area, so no "sprinklers," only direct to base of plant.

-----
Good idea!
That's how I do mine too.
Only this year, I didn't do much watering so
I suspect that was part of my problem.

I used Osmocote Vegetable & Bedding (14-14-14) and organic matter from
the compost of last year's garden. I toss in some peat moss and a bit
of packaged manure. My only "new" add-in was Epsom Salts. That may
have been it, or I was just lucky.

------
Sounds like a good plan.

In all my years of gardening, I have learned that some years are
great, and some are just ok, and others plain old suck eggs.

-------
I usually get a pretty consistant yield, but something was dramaticaly
different this year. I suspect that I may have offset the balance of
Nitrogen-Phospherous-Potash by adding too much in wood
& coal ashes this year. Oh well, I guess I better test the soil
and make any needed amendments before planting next year.

Thanks for sharing!
Happy Gardening.

---pete---