Old 22-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Ray

Forget mixing the bark with the LECA. While the LECA may be reused and
potted-on as the plant grows, adding bark makes the medium as a whole
degradable, so will require replacement.

Why not consider semi-hydroponics? (check my website for info)

"nigel savage" wrote in message
ups.com...
A few months ago I repotted some phals in expanded clay 8mm-10mm
granules and they have been loving it (new leaves, new spikes, new
roots). Granted I had to modify the watering somewhat (slightly more
often) but I am extremely pleased with the results so far. Next ones I
repot will probably be a bark/leca (30/7) mix however to maintain the
humidity for a little longer. LECA is fantastic for air flow through
the roots and I think aesthetically it's very pleasing too.