Old 22-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Plucky Ducky

Default Black Aphids

Hi,

I have (what I think are) black aphids destroying my nastursiums. What
can I do to stop them? I really prefer not to use chemical pesticides
but went and looked a few up out of curiousity and all of them said
specifically that they could not be used on nastursiums. I've tried
spraying them off with water, which I found requires so much force it
was destroying the plants anyway. I've also tried selectively cutting
off the most infested portions, but at the rate these things are going
I might as well just take them all out! They've now spread to my
poppies, and I'm worried at this point that they're going to take over
my whole garden. There's only about a month or so left for the
nastursiums, but I'd like to learn a bit more so I can 'nip the problem
in the bud' next year! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!