Old 22-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Susan Erickson

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:53:32 -0400, Steve
wrote:
Pull that plant out of its pot and see what the
roots are doing. If you find soft roots in the bottom of the pot, I
would clean off all the old medium and pull off all the roots that are
dead. Repot the thing and do not let it sit in water again.

Steve

I will add to all the advise by suggesting Semi hydro culture for
both plants. It will guarantee the air to the roots, no rotting
medium, and the water if they want it. You can read more about
it at First Ray's website. We use it for all the Phrags which
just love it and any of the Paphs over seedling size. Much
easier to miss a water day too. You can see the reservoir and
know if the plant has access to water.
SuE