Old 22-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote
Just come back from the allotments, we have to quit by the end of this
month so went down to gather up some of the pumpkins etc.
Shouldn't have bothered, the vandals have beaten us to it and any they
couldn't lift and drop to smash or throw around and break have had
canes/bits of wood rammed through them. (snip)

Well yesterday evening they must have come back, more cabbages thrown about,
all the tomatoes pulled off and thrown around as were the cucumbers. The
plants in the carrot bin had also been stamped on and ground into the dirt.
One of the big previously staked pumpkins was pushed over the gate into the
road and smashed. Certainly not little kids then.
We are now glad we are getting off this site and have already made enquiries
about a plot on a site in a much nicer area, who cares if it's a much longer
journey if they don't get such damage.
--
Regards
Bob