Old 22-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Grumach Macabre of Auchterloonie

The message
from "p.k." contains these words:
Nick Maclaren wrote:

There are a dozen regular posters who swear by the things.

count me among those.

And me.

The best value £20 I ever spent. Brilliant both for the brute force jobs of
breaking out trees or hard ground and for the subtle ground shaping job the
op has in mind. Truly great tool.

The best £4 - well, maybe not the best, but it was very good value. I
have a light one and a heavy one (and a pick) and the heads cost me
nothing. IIRC the helves cost about £2 each - but that was rather a long
time ago. I'm stingy - I use the same helve for the pick and the heavy
mattock. I'm disappointed that the eye of the lighter one is too small,
and three inches of the other helve won't cram into it.

I keep the light one very sharp and only use it on exposed roots

--

,,,
}»«üüüü(@