Old 22-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Grumach Macabre of Auchterloonie

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

I inherited mine from my late uncle's shed. He inherited it from his
Irish father, it's at least 100 years old and still in perfect
condition, wonderfully balanced. I use it regularly and wouldn't be
without it.

I acquired an adze which had been used as a mattock, and it took me a
week to fettle it. I had to drill, thread and peg in a new dowel spigot
- the original having been hacksawed off. (Hacksawn?)

Brides should put "mattock" on their wedding present lists, imho.

In which event, grooms should be very careful.

--

,,,
}»«üüüü(@