Old 23-09-2005, 01:38 AM
Xspect Xspect is offline
Registered User

Angry Floating Liner

I installed a pond this summer aprox size 50 foot x 40 ft. I had never installed before and was very pleased with result. Skimmer box and waterfall all are fully operational. In past week a major problem has sufaced.

I am getting significant water under the liner causing the liner to float to surface. I thought it possibly was a leak in the waterfall however with waterfall off the problem persists. Actual water level does not change since water under liner is pushing up liner and maintains overall water level.

Last weekend I pumped the pond dry and inserted pump hose with care under the liner and pumped out water. Filled pond again and problem has reoccurred. I live on a lake that is at bottom of steep slope so water table is not the issue. I do have a sprinkler system fed from lake and possibly overwatered inpast weeks which could have caused water build-up. Soil is clay with slow water loss when suface water stands. I have not sprinkled for 10 days now.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions to assist in diagnosing problem.

I live in Michigan. We have had a lot of rain today which raised pond level to max; I have a pump in skimmer to pump excess water when this happens. Liner lifted even more today!!

Could I have a porous liner?