Old 23-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Rui Lu

Default Heating Cable, Thermometer & Lighting for Acrylic Aqurium

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up a new SeaClear 40 Gallon Acrylic aquarium and just learned
about Undergravel heating cables. I want to know is it possible to use a
Undergravel Heating Cable in an Acrylic Aquarium?

Also how do you read the stick on thermometers on aquariums?

Also since the aquarium is made of acrylic what type of lighting should I
use. I am getting a light hood that has legs so it is not resting directly
on the aquarium top?

I am planning on planting my aquarium should I use a canister filter or a
hang on power filter? I read if your are plating your aquarium you should go
with canister instead of hang on power filters because (they introduce
oxygen into the water, which is what the plants should be doing).

Which is better for planting Fluorite, Laterite or Planted Aquarium
Substrate such as Caribsea Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate with live
bacteria or should I use a mixture?.

Thanks for your advice.