Old 23-09-2005, 03:11 AM

Jmagerl wrote:
You can root roses without the use of a rooting hormone?

so the legend goes- apparently, correctly

I thought roses had
to be grafted ? Whats the purpose of the graft?

speed and strength of rootstock, probably? grafting onto a hardy stock
would probaly take weeks, not months, and see blooms in 1 season.

I use a 2 liter sodapop bottle and cut the borrom off. It then fits nicely
into a 5 inch pot (I think its a 5 inch pot).

same idea- it was 6" terracotta and a 1/2gal mason jar. i didn't use
rooting hormoe, although i have no objection to it- just potting soil
and rose-tone fertilzer.

took 6 weeks-

carl

Leave the top off for some
air movement. I root my cirtrus cuttings in a sterile media such as perlite.
One cutting per pot for air flow reasons. No direct sunlight. I also use
Dip-n-gro rooting hormone.