Old 23-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Rodney Pont

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:55:03 -0700, ~ jan jjspond wrote:

Top posting, as OP is long.

Did you leave the hose under the liner after refilling? Sometimes that will
keep the water from building up. I know others have mentioned this problem
and what they have done about it. Hopefully they will check in. ~ jan

I suspect not since the pump hose was used. I could just be the water
table and the water finds it easier to come up under the liner than
drain through a clay soil.

If this is the case putting a permanent soakaway in with the outlet
below the level of the pond should help, it does depend on what the
slope is like though. If it's possible to put a bed of gravel below the
liner underlay and pipe it to the lake it should sort it, don't use
sharp edged gravel :-)

We had to build our pond up above ground because of the high water
table but we are not on clay so didn't have to build a soakaway.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont