Old 23-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Grumach Macabre of Auchterloonie

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Lucky would imply a % success rate, 100% success, as we get, seems
more than
luck.
Only one jar full has ever gone soft in all the years (so we threw them
away)

How does that square with 100%?

and that after at least 12 months keeping, some years we have pickled
up to 19 one litre jars. We have even kept them two years without
noticeable
deterioration.

Dodgy in what way?

I'd say you were lucky.

Some piccalilly I made with table-strength vinegar went horrid and
mushy, and stank to High Heaven. This was with the vegetable
constituents partially dehydrated using salt.

And I do mean piccalilly - clear mixed pickle, not mustard pickle...

--

,,,
}»«üüüü(@