Old 23-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"Dwayne" writes:

| Growing them there might be a real challenge. I would put them in full sun,
| on a raised bed, and give it a try. I like to experiment in my garden and
| see what I come up with.

Yes. I don't have any ideal locations, unfortunately.

| In my opinion they are sweeter than the butternut.

Gosh.

| I am diabetic and cant eat much with sugar added to it.

I am sorry to hear that. I have a daughter that is, but she is
an unrepentant carnivore.

| I raise sweet potatoes also.

Those REALLY don't grow outside in the UK. I like the drier,
less sweet white ones, not the butternut-like orange ones.

| Not all pumpkin pie recipes call for molasses. I would be happy to send, or
| post one for you if any of are willing to try it.

Please post. I am sure that other people would be interested.

I like pumpkin soup, but it includes only pumpkin, stock (bacon
for choice, if not too salty), tomatoes, onions and chillis or
mustard (roughly in that order). A similar pie filling is good,
too.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.