Old 23-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Cubit

Default my ant problem

A few weeks ago I got some helpful assistance in this group as I looked for
new bait poisons for eliminating my kitchen ants. In past years, poisoning
the ants had resulted in the ants going away for about a year. This time,
the same poison failed. I tried every ant bait in my local store, and then
I ordered a few recommended on this group. Alas, they all failed. Most of
the baits were of no interest to the ants. One of the poisons, called
Terro, was devoured by a large column of ants. The ants ate most of the
contents of 6 canisters of the poison. The ants kept coming.

I finally gave up and changed strategies. I bought a gallon bottle of ant
poison with a plastic hand operated sprayer. I sprayed the entire perimeter
of the house. The ants were coming in from the roof, so I also clipped off
the branches of a tree that was touching the roof. Lastly, I sprayed the
edges of the roof all the way around. THE ANTS ARE GONE. They have been
completely stopped for over a week.