Old 23-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Derek Broughton

Newbie Bill wrote:

I too am very new to all of this. I read a very interesting newbie
article once which said "Figure out how many fish your pond can support -
then start
with 1/10th that." Also read "Pond keeping is not a science it is an
art".
Ponding is not a formula. There are just too many variables which can
frequently change making each pond it's own little learning experience.

Good advice.

I sure would do it differently if I had a second chance.

You will! You're a member of the Porg collective now, and you can't stop at
just one...

Yes I think the 1000+ rule is probably overstated.
I have already seen several EXPERIENCED ponders who have broken it. But
if you are soliciting advice and INEXPERIENCED this is probably a very
good rule.

Absolutely. You can keep fish in what would seem to be impossibly crowded
conditions if you keep the water condition immaculate. I expect none of us
would actually be happy with that though, even if we didn't mind the extra
work to keep on top of it.
--
derek