Old 23-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Reel Mckoi

Phyllis and Jim Hurley wrote:
Hi BV,

The big snails can't handle the winter cold, so renewal annually will be
needed. I put an egg case over an aquarium in the fall. The pinhed
sized hatchlings are up to 1 1/2" by spring. The are laying lots of
eggs just now.

Nice that your pond works without the VF. Ours have thrived this year.

Jim

BenignVanilla wrote:

"Phyllis and Jim Hurley" wrote in message
.. .

Hi BV,

I have missed you. How are the plants and snails going. Any new BV
method plantings?

Jim

Jim...thanks for the kind words. The plants are growing like crazy. I
have not even had the VF activated this year, the pond is going like
gangbusters. We've got lots of little snails, but it seems the big
ones either stay low or have vanished.

I am sure our crew of Bullfrogs doesn't help.

BV,.

Byapasing filter, I go to go to pondlatrine

McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b
Make sure of which Reel McKoi you're replying to - the TROLL from
alt.religion.jehovahs-witn is using other people's names to bypass
killfiles. There are now TWO Reel McKoi's posting here.