Old 23-09-2005, 03:00 PM
shazzbat

| I raise sweet potatoes also.

Those REALLY don't grow outside in the UK. I like the drier,
less sweet white ones, not the butternut-like orange ones.

We're trying them for the first time this year. A friend gave us some slips
they didn't have room for. But we are very close to the south coast, and
it's a bit of an Indian summer here, although we've had a spot of rain this
morning, the first for about three weeks. We've got plenty of growth and I
think they're still going, although some parts were touched slightly by an
early frost last week, fortunately just the one.

Don't know yet if we've got anything below ground though.

Steve