Old 23-09-2005, 06:33 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:

Many of the published recipes are pure spoof, and I hope the wags

who
sent them in are being roasted down under [1] for all the gallons

of
wasted cream, butter, eggs, etc..

Confirming what Nick says downthread, the recipes I've looked into do
seem to work, though some are distinctly odd (check out the recipe
for mango chutney, which revealed that the great woman not only
couldn't spell "chutney", but also doesn't seem to have known what a
mango was).

I can believe the latter, but exactly why do you feel that there
is a correct spelling of chatni in Roman letters? Transliterating
Hindi (I think) to English is harder than transliterating Russian
(as in Tsebysef and over 200 variants) :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.