Old 24-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Ann

"presley" expounded:

Just to clarify the record, I didn't call YOU ignorant. I try to avoid ad
hominem attacks. I called your statement ignorant. Which it undeniably was.
(You said, and I'm paraphrasing, "Look at Texas, it's not having any of the
sort of problems Louisiana had"). To wit: today, an overheated bus caught
on fire after being stranded in traffic for 12 hours and killed most of the
elderly on board. And yes, I hope you have a nice day as well.

It's not. *You* watch too much news. We have several offices in
Houston and the surrounding area, I've talked with some of my
coworkers down there. People on the highways are gridlocked. People
who went on the secondary roads got where they wanted to go. Lots of
them. One of my friends got her mother out of a nursing home and
moved her inland. Really. My statement was not ignorant. I just
don't get all of my information from hysterical newscasters.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts