Old 24-09-2005, 02:22 AM
Dave Sheehy

J Fortuna ) wrote:
: Isn't it scary that one can't go grocery shopping any more without being
: accosted by orchids?

Some of the very first orchids I bought were at KMart in the inside section
of the gardening department on a dark shelf amongst the pots and potting
soil over 20 years ago. I bought a Rhyncostylus, a Dendrobium, and a Vanda.
I've still got the Vanda.

Most of the stuff I see today at the grocery stores, Target, Lowes, and Home
Depot are pretty uninteresting to me so I'm pretty safe. I did succumb to
a pretty green Phal in Safeway that has tiny red dots sprinkled on the lower
half of the botttom sepals a year or so ago. I had to buy the stinkin' ugly
ceramic pot that it was sitting though. It hasn't rebloomed yet either but
then again none of my phals bloomed last year for some unknown reason.

Dave