Old 24-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Gene Schurg

Bryan,

I live in the DC area and grow in a greenhouse. I keep my vandas and
relatives in wood baskets and sometimes put a couple chucks of large
cocohusk in the basket. There's not enough to keep the roots soggy but I
think the young plants appreciate the added humidity. Over time these piece
get knocked out or deteriorate. By that time the young plant has grow to
cling to the wood basket and gets established in its new environment.

If you are in a wet and humid climate this may not be necessary, but if you
grow indoors you might want to consider putting some cocohusk or a few
strips of moss in the basket until your new plant gets established.

Good Growing,
Gene

"Bryan" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have a couple, of Vanda's arriving in the mail this week and wondering

the
best way of potting these orchids. I was planning on using vanda baskets

and
pot using a coarse bark/and charcoal. ANy other suggestion or tips. Should

wire the Vanda's to the basket??