Old 23-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Mike Lyle

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond contains
these words:

/mattocks!/

Mine is of similar age but was originally an adze. Much
better steel and takes a fine edge. Yours could be the same?

Philistine!

Oh dear! You mean he shouldn't be using his Disston saw to cut off
tree-roots below ground-level?

Well, he can use his modern one - but if he has a thirty-year-old

one,
no, he shouldn't. In those circumstances he might use an
ankle-grinder.

Oh, no! Are we in ichabod territory again? Perhaps even my aged S&J
best ones are now classics? (Last time I employed builders, they
arrived with an armful of throwaways as well as a pair of Ds. I was
shocked, I tell you, shocked.)

--
Mike.