Old 24-09-2005, 03:38 AM
K Barrett

Kenni, I have a V Paki that I dearly love but have allowed to almost die.
There are some old viable roots that I think I could get to start new roots,
but am unsure how to proceed to get them to do that. I'm tempted to douse
them with rootone but think that plain old high humidity and adequate
feeding should win the day. That usually kick starts any orchid if they
have a final living spark.

What (if anything) do you do when a vanda almost croaks?

K Barrett

"Kenni Judd" wrote in message
Bryan: Where are you located? In warm, humid places (like here in South
Florida), vandas generally aren't "potted" at all. We grow them either
bareroot in a basket (wood is prettier initially but rots quickly; plastic
lasts a lot longer) or with no basket at all, just a modified S-hook type

of
hanger.

If the plants are already in baskets, I wouldn't remove them, but if not,

prefer the no-basket hanger [plants take up less room, are easier to move,
and don't grow into one another as much].
--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids
"Bryan" wrote in message
Hello all:

I have a couple, of Vanda's arriving in the mail this week and wondering
the best way of potting these orchids. I was planning on using vanda
baskets and pot using a coarse bark/and charcoal. ANy other suggestion

or
tips. Should I wire the Vanda's to the basket??