Old 24-09-2005, 03:00 PM
J Fortuna

Dave,
I too am pretty safe from most such stores: the only feelings that the
orchids at our local HomeDepot inspire in me are pity, and I have not felt
the need to buy any orchid out of pity. The Whole Foods has mostly
uninteresting Phals, and while I enjoy looking at them, I never seriously
feel tempted by them. However, this social Safeway is different, maybe one
of the employees who is responsible for orchid restocking is really
knowledgeable and has great taste, or maybe they are just lucky to have a
good supplier, whatever it is, they have really beautiful and interesting
Phal hybrids in excellent health on a regular basis. Every time I go in
there, it's like. "ooh, that's a beautiful one, and I don't have one like
that yet." Very tempting.
Joanna

"Dave Sheehy" wrote in message
snip
Most of the stuff I see today at the grocery stores, Target, Lowes, and

Depot are pretty uninteresting to me so I'm pretty safe.