Old 24-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Janet Galpin wrote:
I accidentally picked my first butternut squash. It's a good large one
and I would like to store it.
A week ago just after picking it had one small area which was darker
brown but the staining looked quite superficial. In the last week,
however, the area has spread and other little bits have begun to go
darker. The surface of the squash is very slightly indented where the
staining occurs - kind of pock-marked.
I wondered if anyone knew whether this is a common affliction of
butternut squashes and whether it means it's unlikely to keep.

Yup. And others. Eat it PDQ, or it will rot to slime.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.