Old 24-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Ted

Thanks again, K Barrett,

You have been especially helpful on this latest series of questions I
have had. It is appreciated.

As for whether this is a sequential bloomer, the plant itself is giving
an answer. The largest of the developing flower buds will open soon,
and now the two flowers that are open are fading. They have lost
substance (I assume the plant is recovering some of the resources it
had put into the flowers before dropping reporoductive organs that
failed to fulfill their purpose. My guess is that they will drop about
the time the next flowers open, unless I remove them first.

I am a little frustrated in finding culture information about cruentum,
though, because each time a do a search using cruentum and culture, I
am overwhelmed with pages talking about it being endangered and on how
both it and primary crosses made with it are on one of the CITES
appendices.

Anyway, I don't think I am doing too badly with it as it is one of the
most vigourous plants I have, apart from my irises and lilies in my
garden outsode. In addition to blooming nicely, it is doubling its
size this year. I can't take credit for this, as I have only had it a
month, but still, this is an amazing plant.

Thanks again,

Ted

R.E. (Ted) Byers, Ph.D., Ed.D.
R & D Decision Support Solutions
http://www.randddecisionsupportsolutions.com/
Healthy Living Through Informed Decision Making