Old 24-09-2005, 11:46 PM
cineman

Hi,
Probably not much help to you but here goes.
I have built some raised beds by using concrete fence posts cut down to 18
inches length, and set rock faced gravel boards into them, ill post pictures
on
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens in a few days
Set posts into concrete about 6 inches then set gravel boards between, on
top of posts have cemented small concrete animals to tidy tops off .
easy if theres no cutting of gravel boards but a right pain if they have to
be cut down.
will outlast wood anyway and looks very good , (even if i do say it myself)

regards
Cineman
p.s i ought to patent the design hadn't I

"Peter James" wrote in message
.. .
I want to build a raised vegetable bed. I have metres 1.80 x cm80 space
available.
I am not the most skillful of wood workers, and wonder if anyone on the
NG would have any tips they would share with me, about building such an
itme.