Old 25-09-2005, 11:51 AM
david taylor

My granny used to use cayenne pepper against cats-dogs don't like it either.
You can still buy it cheaply at an ethnic market or emporium.
My son used it in Glasgow against a persitent fouling dog and it worked.
He did make the mistake of telling the dog owner who reacted badly.
Regards
David T
"Flower Bobdew" wrote in message

Well, as no-one else has mentioned it - and it doesn't appear in the FAQ I
looked at either [yes, clearly this is a common problem!]...

I've just [past two months] tried Silent Roar - bought from the local
garden centre - which is, effectively, lion shite. I don't know how they
know, but wee domestic moggies, seemingly, don't like the thought of
bumping into a lion, even under the cover of darkness!

Its worked well in the back garden, but the front will be a good test too.
I only have a couple of relatively small beds within a large grassed area
[shared with next door] out there, and the constant piling up of the bark
mulch that greets me most mornings' means the lions will soon be let
loose.

Now... About these damned moles... Who clearly aren't afraid of the odd,
rogue lion!!! : 7

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden