Old 25-09-2005, 07:45 PM
paghat

In article , "Belzon Bioya"
wrote:

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
Well, most Amerikanskys don't even vote at all.

So what, I did.

If you vote you have a right to and should criticize. If you don't vote,
don't bitch.

That's nonsense. If the only choices are dangerous morons, criticizing is
essential, whereas voting won't magically make the candidates credible or
worthwhile.

And when you invent rules by which free speech no longer applies, that
doesn't bode well for preserving it. To suggest people can't bitch if they
don't vote would be the equivalent of my suggesting you can't bitch unless
you participate in the revolution which our founding fathers declared to
be our DUTY "to throw off such Government" when it afflicts unalienable
rights & liberties. Voting to do away with other peoples' rights is no
better than permitting despotism to do the same, much as, come the
revolution, it will be meaningless if afterward you get no rights for
having failed to stand out front with your duty.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html