Old 25-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Wilmdale

WOW!! Nice job!
W. Dale
wrote:

I am putting up a hoop over my pond this winter so I can sit outside all winter long
when the sun is out it should get pretty toasty.
here is my pond in winter
http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/winters/winter.htm
pond in summer http://weloveteaching.com/mypond/changes/changes.htm
For the last 2 winters I have been heating the pond with a 500 watt submersible tank
heater and it kept the temp 50oF or better for all but 1 winter month. The pond is
covered with plastic. the water lily does great. I feed the fish every few days a
little bit all but that one month.
I have added no new fish in 3 years, had the pond netted and no sick fish, a little
scrapes on them once in a while. havent added any medications in 2 years. no romet.
havent lost any fish in 3 years. I decided on the "closed" pond system 3 years ago
and keeping the temp up during winter cause the year before the fish had no food for
nearly 6 months of the year. this cant be good for them.
this year I am going to put a veggie filter IN the pond over winter and see how it
works. Ingrid

~ jan jjspond wrote:

Bored, pond group taken over by trolls? For the frustrated, winter bound
cyber ponder:

Project for Winter whiners? You know who you are, those of you NOT looking
forward to winter and the closing of the pond season. ;o) Here is a project
for you, you will need:

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
sign up: http://list.lovemyoldhome.com/web/wa.cgi?REPORT&z=3
www.drsolo.com
I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other
compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for
any of the recommendations I make.
AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE ADS AT THE OLD PUREGOLD SITE