Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Scott L. Hadley

Default ( OT..ish ) Marrow Harrow

Thank you, and Alan, for the replies to my confused query, and thanks to one
who replied by email. And thanks to the OP for the good chuckle. All of this
proving once again the value to me of this newsgroup as education and
amusement, though I am mostly a lurker---Thanks again.
"Kay Easton" wrote in message Think of a summer
squash, with light green skin with broad longitudinal
stripes, about 8 inches diameter and 2ft long. Very light green flesh,
almost transparent so you can see the veins in it. You can peel them and
steam slices of them to use as a vegetable with an astonishing lack of
taste, but they are better filled with minced beef and baked - baked
whole is good but for the average sized family a few rings will suffice.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
http://www.scarboro.demon.co.uk/garden/