Old 25-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Rick

wrote in message
oups.com...
Pop wrote:
It sounds to me like the carb might need a good degunking.
Probably plugged or partially plugged jet/s. Try screwing the
needle valves in (gently!) and back out a few time,s then put
back to where they were and see if it helps. If not, perhaps
something's plugged.
You did check for a waterlogged/plugged fuel filter, right?
Fuel's getting TO the carb?

HTH,

PopS

I'm thinking too that it's gunked somewhere. Fuel _IS_ getting to

the
carb (if you pull the starter rope gently with the air filter

removed
you are met by a mist of fuel around the choke valve). Haven't

played
with any fuel filters. Is there supposed to be some sort of linkage

open the choke plate? It's just that I can't see how it opens on

it's
own (vacuum effect???) and that would explain richness symptoms on
the(new) spark plug and exhaust output popping.

If your carb has a little metal "box" cover on it , then you have an
automatic choke. If not, it's a Choke-A-Matic.

If you are trying things out with the air cleaner removed, be sure to
reinstall the stud...