Old 25-09-2005, 10:44 PM

Rick wrote:

Let me clarify a little if I can. Off to one side of the carb there
will be a rectangular cover that's split on the diagonal if you have
an automatic choke...

If you are trying things out with the air cleaner removed, be sure

reinstall the stud...

The PDF diagram shows a diagonally split cover. I will give it another
look tomorrow, maybe check within that cover for movement. Will try
running with the air cleaner off temporarily - let's hope the stud (I
assume we call it a 'bolt' here) keeps the petrol spray in order.
Thanks all. Will keep you informed of progress - let's hope we can fix
this for minimal expense. Goodnight.